Stingray Mount Just Done

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stingray Mount Just Done

Stingray Mount Just Done

Here is another one of the bowfishing stingray mounts we just finished up. One of our charter clients shot it not too long ago. Let us know if we can help you with any of your mounts. https://www.facebook.com/mizellsmounts
    IMG_5208.JPGIMG_5206.JPGIMG_5205.JPG
    Last edited by Fish-Kabob-Bowfishing; 06-26-2014 at 10:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Bighead Carp
    Very cool mount

Gator Gar
    That is cool.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

That is so cool, now I want one!

We don't have any of those in the desert so I guess I have to plan a trip next summer.

Bighead Carp
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdinaz View Post
    That is so cool, now I want one!

We don't have any of those in the desert so I guess I have to plan a trip next summer.
    Still time this year

I wish I could swing it, it looks like an absolute blast.

Between work getting in the way of my fun and trying to finish the deck on my boat here summers going to be over quick. The closest I get to Alabama during travel is Orlando, so it would be tough without some planning.

Redfish
    How big was that southern and how much something like run roughly?

Mudfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Delawareriver View Post
    How big was that southern and how much something like run roughly?
    x2. I saw a couple cow noses this year that looked like black sheets of plywood. I wouldn't mind getting one mounted but don't know what the damage would be.

Admin
    nice.

Pond Scum
    Very cool mount, never thought about mounting a ray but I like this one

Gator Gar
    The mount looks great with very nice detail.

I had a local guy do a skin mount on the 140# i shot and that was a $700 mistake. I will have a replica done of it in a couple years.

This one was about 30 pounds I think. The largest I have ever done was 138 pounder one of our charter clients shot. It was a big dude. IMG_1750.JPG

Redfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-Kabob-Bowfishing View Post
    This one was about 30 pounds I think. The largest I have ever done was 138 pounder one of our charter clients shot. It was a big dude. IMG_1750.JPG
    I'll wait till I find an 75+ lb but any rough est in cost?

Are there certain kinds of Rays that are preferable to have mounted? Or is it just trying to get a big one?

Based on all the pics it looks like you guys shoot a bunch of different ones.

Redfish
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdinaz View Post
    Are there certain kinds of Rays that are preferable to have mounted? Or is it just trying to get a big one?

Based on all the pics it looks like you guys shoot a bunch of different ones.
    4 kinds are pretty common. You have the cownose, they are the most common. They are the diamond shaped ones constantly swimming. Top out about 45lbs with 35-40 pretty common,
    Next you have southern stingrays. They are big perfect circles with just a little point at the nose. These get huge with big ones over 100 lbs and really big ones pushing 130-150 lbs.

Atlantic rays are similar to southern but have a big pointed nose but only top out at 20-25 lbs

The rarest of them is the butterfly rays another bottom dweller that's kinda looks more like a triangle. Not sure on the sizes of these but most pictures I've seen are small ones but I have heard of a few huge ones caught rod and reel.

My prices are $17 per inch for replicas which I do suggest on stingrays of any kind. You are about dead on with the different rays but most atlantic rays do not get over 10 pounds. The butterfly rays are kind of a mystery because there has been some 100 pounders shot but the majority are around 30 pounds almost every time. These 4 are the main species we have in the gulf that are legal to shoot. Does anyone else shoot different kinds of rays than these in other parts of the country?

Redfish
    We shot some 15 - 20lb Atlantic's last year on our trip and a 25lb Atlantic won the Atlantic division at the arc stingray tournament this year. That's my only basis on there size

Awsome mount and pics thanks

very sharp mount!

That is awsome.

Killer mount!

24. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

...advertisement