Let us shoot catfish in GA

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let us shoot catfish in GA

Mudfish

Let us shoot catfish in GA

I just submitted a request to allow us to shoot catfish in all bodies of water in GA, not just the Savannah River Basin. They are a game fish since they have a bag limit, but since the limit is "NO LIMIT" what difference does it make how we "catch" them. You can submit your comment to: http://www.gohuntgeorgia.com/Hunting...Comments?cat=1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Michael, I talked with them last year and basically hit a dead end. The head guy for the state basically told me we would have to get someone to "sponsor" the bill to have it voted on. He also told me it had to pass the house and be voted on there after it was a bill. I hope we can get it one day but it will take someone with passion for it or money to get it sponsored. I was told it was a whole lot easier to get something made a law instead of getting a law on the books changed. He also told me what we need to do is, find an existing bill and get a sponsor to attach the proposed catfish regulations to that bill, and use it's momentum.

Mudfish
    I figure if we keep "ringing the bell", eventually someone will hear it and get the ball rolling. While the DNR (and me) were dead set against baiting for deer, now that so many petitioned to make it legal, it is legal in the Southern zone, just like it is now legal to shoot catfish along the Savannah River Basin. I've made this same request at every meeting I've attended for the past several years, as well as sending it in writing to the link above. Hopefully one day it will change

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

...advertisement