Amistad record - Page 2

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amistad record

Common Carp
    Looks like a record to me, congrats on a beautiful fish!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

That's some really funny chit right there!!! Thata boy! RECORD, IN ANY WAY YOU READ IT!!!

Tadpole
    Dow, u need to tell ur guide he needs to clarify his story. That fish gave up 6 inches in lenghth and ur man didn't even know the girth. Oh well. Charish it cause the guy that had it is on the warpath and he will hunt that place dry to find a bigger one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Needle Nose Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    I don't have a copy I sent the paper work in last week the guide I was fishing with had it the recycling place in delrio th certification date was from Aug 2013 it was the same scale that the other fish was put on by my source if I can get a copy from tpwd I will I'm not trying to discount the other fish I'm just happy for getting the one I have I don't know what all the fuss is about records are ment to be broken
    The picture I got of your fish on the forklift was at Del Rio Feed Store. Something doesn't add up with your story. Great fish, but a BS record sounds like.

Inmate
    Quote Originally Posted by CHESTIN View Post
    You gonna certify that 8'2 you shot tonight or wait for the other one we saw?

congrats on the record.

Bighead Carp
    I know nothing about records but does it really matter that much do you get paid for records? I mean I love to shoot fish but to me I shoot records every time I go out

just curious

Mudfish
    One word....Sportsmanship

Aaron that 8'2 wouldn't matter cause a 6'10 fish would out wiegh it no matter the girth

Jealousy is an evil thing if people cannot be happy for someone else's accomplishment then that should just be quite . I guess they are democrats

Then they ,it's hard to type and drive

Silver Carp
    Dow I have a serious question for you...

Where the He*% are you from? Because you certainly are NOT from Texas!

I have shot many nice gar around south Tx. I can tell you the exact location, time, number of arrows, time of fight etc on every one of them. You can tell us NOTHING except it came from Amistad??

Gator Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Outlaw View Post
    Dow I have a serious question for you...

Where the He*% are you from? Because you certainly are NOT from Texas!

I have shot many nice gar around south Tx. I can tell you the exact location, time, number of arrows, time of fight etc on every one of them. You can tell us NOTHING except it came from Amistad??
    it ok u can tell me all the detail ,location ect..

I was born and raised in stephenville tx I used 2 arrows it was 11 pm I was asked not to tell the location due to illegal guiding on Amistad as for the length of the fight I Telly don't remember I was so pumped up I didn't have a care I'm the world . You see I lived in Alaska for 7 years and when you find a good spot you don't tell a soul .

Tadpole
    congratulations on the fish. Those of us who really hunt that place don't need to know where you were cause we already know. That's a nice fish. It just wasn't a cool thing for some to boast about it like they did. Jealousy is an evil thing but when things don't add up, there are gonna be questions from all. I have shot several out of there and don't really care about records but I was there when the story was being told and it just didn't add up. I know that the fish wasn't weighed until late the next day. That fish should have been dry. In the first hour they will lose 10% of their body weight( reference Steve,Gar Guys). They are already spawned out so she was empty. I shot a pig outta there that was 7'4 and she was out for 18hrs before we weighed her and she didn't make 200 and she was full of eggs and had the same girth. I know 2 people who have hunted that place more than me and one of them had the record. The other is your guide. I'm not taking anything away from your accomplishment, that's a heck of a fish. Just the story that was told and the timeline and facts. Good job and see you on the lake sometime.

Tadpole
    Quote Originally Posted by iltfah View Post
    You gonna certify that 8'2 you shot tonight or wait for the other one we saw?
    yeah right. if he saw one that big, he sure wont share it with anyone. He's worse than a bass fisherman. Hell im the one who got him hooked and he went ape sh"". He wont even take me to his honey holes after all the crap I did for him. I have his gps coordinates though. never leave you SD card in your gps unprotected.

i dont know why everyone is b#tcing. the guy has the record whether you like it or not. it isnt uncommon for a smaller (size) fish to weigh more. especially gar. congrats on the fish again.

Redfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    i dont know why everyone is b#tcing. the guy has the record whether you like it or not. it isnt uncommon for a smaller (size) fish to weigh more. especially gar. congrats on the fish again.
    your right, i have shot a 5 foot 5 inch gg that weighed 80 pounds, and another at a tournament that i didnt shoot was the same length, but it weight right at 100 pounds.

BFC Addict
    Sounds fishy but oh well. Nice fish

Bighead Carp
    Do y'all not like his shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    One word....Sportsmanship
    thats why ive backed up from the bowfishing scene.there is none when it comes to bowfishing or a secret fishing hole.im happy you killed a record fish so to give you a word of advice,i wouldnt tell a sole where you killed or caught that fish at,because if you do,you will not have a spot to go enjoy for yourself.congrats on a fine fish and thanks for posting it up...

Mr. Bandage
    Leave this man alone. He killed a fish bigger than y'all have . Get over it. Great fish , congrats

BFC's Prankster
    Quote Originally Posted by strike force View Post
    your right, i have shot a 5 foot 5 inch gg that weighed 80 pounds, and another at a tournament that i didnt shoot was the same length, but it weight right at 100 pounds.
    Sounds like that one ate something heavy...

28. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

...advertisement