36v 112lb troller, tripping 60amp breaker

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 36v 112lb troller, tripping 60amp breaker

36v 112lb troller, tripping 60amp breaker

so I just got done wiring up my 112lb troller, 3 batteries and 3 powermax converters. I have everything hooked up how it is on powermax website, yet I keep tripping my 60amp circuit breaker. what is the issue here? all my battery are holding around 12.6v. all together I have 37.45 volt coming out of troller.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

BFC's Prankster
    How long does it take to trip ???? If trips while running, how hard are you running when trips ???? Double check all connections, including troller plug etc.... and what size wire are you running from batteries to troller ????? These are first things would want to look at and verify...

I am running 4 gauge wire all the way back, trolled plugs are all good

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

it seems to trip when we give it a little more throttle to get out of tight spots, but by no means were we hammering on the troller motor, seemed like it didn't take much to trip it.

Will it trip if you disconnect the converters?

Quote Originally Posted by bowmandan View Post
    Will it trip if you disconnect the converters?

I was going to try that. if it stops tripping, should turn voltage down I converters?

BFC's Prankster
    Is troller brand new ???? Or got it used ????

How long have you had motor and or run motor??? Any history on your boat or new to you ????

Quote Originally Posted by garpwacker View Post
    Is troller brand new ???? Or got it used ????

How long have you had motor and or run motor??? Any history on your boat or new to you ????

troller is brand new, last year we fried to circuit boards on 2 different trolling motors, I never had a circuit breaker in there before until this year. but last year was the only year it happened. been doing this setup for years now. only thing I changed was followed powermax diagram for hooking converters and batteries up, otherwise I use to hooked the 3 batteries up to make 36v and had 1 converter ran to each battery. is there an issue with hooking up I converter per battery? shouldnt matter I would think.

BFC's Prankster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfoate91 View Post
    troller is brand new, last year we fried to circuit boards on 2 different trolling motors, I never had a circuit breaker in there before until this year. but last year was the only year it happened. been doing this setup for years now. only thing I changed was followed powermax diagram for hooking converters and batteries up, otherwise I use to hooked the 3 batteries up to make 36v and had 1 converter ran to each battery. is there an issue with hooking up I converter per battery? shouldnt matter I would think.
    When had ran a 24v troller with converters, I did same as you did before with each converter hooked up to each battery and never had an issue, but have since seen where they want you to hook all converters together to make a (24v) with 2 converter charger, or (36v) with 3 converter charger and hook the + and - to each end of the battery pack, same as where you hook troller motor connections....

I run a PM-55 to each battery on my 36v.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

...advertisement