Trigger reel

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trigger reel

Trigger reel

I can see there is another post on this but for whatever reason the link isn’t working. When are these reels going to be fore sale?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Gator Gar
    Last anyone heard was "spring 2018"

That’s the rumor

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Common Carp
    They’re in stock at RPMs website

Gator Gar
    Video by Shooter007

Catching fish with them now. I love them. Some guys prefer the push button style. Last year I shot a proto type. When I was shooting it, I thought I would like the push button better. After the proto type went back, I found I actually liked it better than the button style.

I've had one for a while now. It has been amazing. I sometimes find myself wanting to push the handle forward even though it does nothing. Old habits die hard

Mudfish
    patiently waiting for mine to come in... buddy order RPM m1 and like s it alot

Gator Gar
    Phillips loves his

I got the RPM a few weeks ago and put my muzzy back on for now. I had the M1X on the Vise reel seat on a Nitro, and there was minimal clearance between the trigger and my knuckles, it wasn't very comfortable. I c0cked the reel around to the side a bit and it made it a little more ergonomic but I still haven't shot it on the water yet to test it out. Just thought since everything on that set up was RPM, there wouldn't be any issues like that. Guess I will need to mod the trigger or rig up a spacer on the seat to make it work for me.
    Last edited by cousin eddie; 05-24-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Needle Nose Gar
    I just returned mine. The trigger came apart after one night of fishing and even with the drag turned up all the way i couldn't fight the fish like i can with my muzzy.

I haven't returned mine yet as I love the concept, but I bought one for my wife first and after the first trip she said she liked it so I ordered one for me. I am left handed and have the handle mounted on the left side. About the third trip, I shattered the main gear shaft. I hope this is a fluke, but the shaft to connect the gear to the left side sure seems thin. They did promptly send out a replacement part at no charge. The next trip out, my wife broke one of the pickup pin assemblies off at the pressed in pivot pin. You can't replace pins like in a Muzzy. Again they sent a free replacement part but said that that area can be a weak link in bowfishing reels. I am going to continue to use them, but like the replaceable pins on the Muzzy much better.

Hint to RPM. Replace the pressed in pins with screws like the Muzzy.

I really want to try a Megamouth, but can't bring myself to spend $300 for a reel.

Mudfish
    my buddy just got the rpm and had the same problem with the trigger being to close to the handle he gonna space out his reel seat to try and make it better

on a side note my megamouth will be here on Tuesday. first thing I'm doing is getting rid of the gold

Silver Carp
    Quote Originally Posted by amsugg View Post
    my buddy just got the rpm and had the same problem with the trigger being to close to the handle he gonna space out his reel seat to try and make it better

Yep X2 my buddy had clearance problems on his Disco 2

Both of ours were on old Browning Discoverys (pretty much the same as the PSE). I'm using a cheap reel seat from Academy and have room, but I had to use a spacer with my wife's RPM Vise reel seat. I agree with Cousin Eddie that a RPM reel should work with a RPM reel seat.

Sure would be nice if companies would do their own testing instead of making you guys pay for it. It is well known problems with the pick up pin are the number 1 issue with that style of reel. How can someone ethically produce a knock off that doesn't address that issue. In fact made it worse.

Same issue here, mounts to close to the bow, went back to the 808. Also I had issues with the line falling out of the reel when tilting the bow down.

Mudfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Okshooter View Post
    I haven't returned mine yet as I love the concept, but I bought one for my wife first and after the first trip she said she liked it so I ordered one for me. I am left handed and have the handle mounted on the left side. About the third trip, I shattered the main gear shaft. I hope this is a fluke, but the shaft to connect the gear to the left side sure seems thin. They did promptly send out a replacement part at no charge. The next trip out, my wife broke one of the pickup pin assemblies off at the pressed in pivot pin. You can't replace pins like in a Muzzy. Again they sent a free replacement part but said that that area can be a weak link in bowfishing reels. I am going to continue to use them, but like the replaceable pins on the Muzzy much better.

Hint to RPM. Replace the pressed in pins with screws like the Muzzy.

I really want to try a Megamouth, but can't bring myself to spend $300 for a reel.
    The megamouth is legit man if you get frustrated enough try it .... in my op its has been worth the price ... eliminates forgetting to push button and line puller, and shoots like a muzzy. Mounting system means no slipping and moving around either

21. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

...advertisement