1987merc 150 spark problems

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1987merc 150 spark problems

1987merc 150 spark problems

I'm having problems with my motor, it's a 6 cylinder and I'm not getting any spark out of my bottom two cylinders, I don't have a repair manual handy does anyone have any idea or direction for me on what to check next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

power pack went bad. I have a 1982 115 mariner which I have lost two different power packs on in the last couple of years. follow the spark plug wires back and they should be the same power pack.

do those 2 cylinders go to a little black box? sounds to me like you blew a coil pack.

I hope that's your issue. some times if the seals inside let the water jacket leak inside the cylinders you bottom cylinder will go if its bad the bottom 2. when you pull the plugs did they have any rust on them?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Common Carp
    Sounds like coils, if it were a power pack 3 cylinders would have lost fire

Quote Originally Posted by rdtj View Post
    Sounds like coils, if it were a power pack 3 cylinders would have lost fire
    uh? I thought if you had power packs you don't have coils. seem like you might be right, I think there is only 2 powerpacks on the motor. Merc did away with distributers in 78' been years since ive messed with that stuff. either way its probably electrical and what ever system you have isnt sending spark to the plugs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

I have spark on 2 on top left and top right just the bottom two which the spark plug wires come from the same module which I'm not sure the technical name for it is? But I'm assuming that part is what gives out the spark and that part is bad?

Needle Nose Gar
    If the coils remove,swap them around to see if it is just a coil.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

...advertisement