2014 U.S. Open Bowfishing Championship - Page 4

...advertisement
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 354

Thread: 2014 U.S. Open Bowfishing Championship

  1. #121
    Gator Gar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truman Lake
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter4life455 View Post
    Don't grow up, then there is more to ***** about. Like working, so a bunch of people can have health care and have 8 kids and make more money than me from welfare ducks. But seriously. I hate we can use the airboat. But I'm still looking forward to shooting it. But now I can't use the excuse "well the only reason we lost is because of airboats"
    It will be a Bad @$$ time win or loose. Glad yall are gonna shoot.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122
    Bighead Carp
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
    Show up or Shut up. Even if airboats would of been allowed the guys complaining would of found something else that didn't suit them. It's always something with the same group of guys that pi$$ and moan. Time to grow up.
    Most of the guys complaining were there last year.

  4. #123
    I really enjoyed the tournament last year and was looking forward to this year's. I hope that you can find a new lake next year that will allow airboats to participate.

  5. #124
    Common Carp
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Decatur, Alabama
    Posts
    759
    I'm going to give my 2 cents in on this. I understand the pr approach completely. But when people start talking about how good this is for our sport to push it out towards bigger names like oakley and big name sponsors I don't see them throwing there names on a lot of troller rigs... You go to a big wakeboarding contest or a bass tournament and the biggest baddest boat out there is gonna have the best looks and the most names on the side. They aren't going to want a 1648 jon boat with "NIKE BOWFISHING" down the side of it. I can't argue that airboats are loud. And I'm sure the only way they could have the tournament again this year is to ban them. But *IF* this sport does ever grow in to a main stream sport, I can guarantee you that the biggest, fastest, brightest, Loudest airboats are going to be the ones people want to support and see.

  6. #125
    Needle Nose Gar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    De Kalb, TX
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaves2257 View Post
    What about surface drives? I know mine is just as loud as a fanboat. Guess we can't have those either?
    Wondering the same thing. I was thinking about going this year but don't wont to get there and be told no.

  7. #126
    Mudfish
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the banks of the Chattahoochee River
    Posts
    730
    There is a decibl limit on every lake we have shot from South Carolina to west of the Miss. .Guntersville we usually have no problems till you get around the houses and you have to respect the houses..that's the underlying issues is common sense and respect.
    Pick a lake not so populated..

  8. #127
    Silver Carp
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by missile View Post
    Wondering the same thing. I was thinking about going this year but don't wont to get there and be told no.
    I hear that! People don't realize how loud mud boat "can" be. On my old prodrive I had a marsh mellow double barrel x no baffles. It sounded mean! But it was loud. At WOT it was higher than 89 decimals

  9. #128
    Mudfish
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    527
    Putting together a team to shoot........sorry about air boat restriction!! Can't afford one, but think they're cool. Don't mind competing against them

  10. #129
    Mudfish
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WASHINGTON STATE
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by STTB-Ryan View Post
    I'm going to give my 2 cents in on this. I understand the pr approach completely. But when people start talking about how good this is for our sport to push it out towards bigger names like oakley and big name sponsors I don't see them throwing there names on a lot of troller rigs... You go to a big wakeboarding contest or a bass tournament and the biggest baddest boat out there is gonna have the best looks and the most names on the side. They aren't going to want a 1648 jon boat with "NIKE BOWFISHING" down the side of it. I can't argue that airboats are loud. And I'm sure the only way they could have the tournament again this year is to ban them. But *IF* this sport does ever grow in to a main stream sport, I can guarantee you that the biggest, fastest, brightest, Loudest airboats are going to be the ones people want to support and see.
    The best boat in the field is the one with the best fisherman behind the wheel, not the biggest price tag. The reason why 2-stroke motors are being phased out by manufacturers early is because they're loud. Whether you participate in the sport or watch it from the sidelines it has to be enjoyable. Airboats are not enjoyed by anyone else (when fired up) except the guy driving it. I think you'll see as this sport starts expanding into the larger communities of America, "loud" boats will be phased out.

  11. #130
    Common Carp
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Decatur, Alabama
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by scotte17 View Post
    The best boat in the field is the one with the best fisherman behind the wheel, not the biggest price tag. The reason why 2-stroke motors are being phased out by manufacturers early is because they're loud. Whether you participate in the sport or watch it from the sidelines it has to be enjoyable. Airboats are not enjoyed by anyone else (when fired up) except the guy driving it. I think you'll see as this sport starts expanding into the larger communities of America, "loud" boats will be phased out.
    Best shooters make the best team.. not the best boat at all. I dont agree about getting phased out one bit. If big money comes into bowfishing big money boats will run the show.sponsors will pay for the best they can get.

  12. #131
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    High ridge MO
    Posts
    167
    I shoot a troller rig with a fan. And just won't be useing fan. Last year tourney was good for my team we filled boat with fish total of 88 beauty's and that was n a pos 1848 with steel deck n 29hp mud motor. This lake is a Great Lake. We shoot it all year long and kills nice fish. There is Alota nice areas for people. It sucks for no air boats and fan boats but still this is a great tourney and should have great turn out again.

  13. #132
    Seems like a tourny like this would be held on waters that allow all boats....if bull shoals is open to the tourny, airboats should be allowed to shoot the Arkansas side of it at least...My opinion, cutting blow boats and fan boats out completely is weak but I will be there and it'll be a good time regardless I am sure!

  14. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by tj_escott View Post
    It take 15 mins to take the prop off tho
    My set up is just not that easy......plus i could hide the prop and put it on later.....i'll just give them the keys.it will be a lot easyer.

  15. #134
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    High ridge MO
    Posts
    167
    I'm just drop the fan off at the judges booth. Unbolt it and just gun it n reverse and slam on brakes. Problem solved. Loading that heavy whore back on boat b different story

  16. #135
    Common Carp
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coweta, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    859
    #296




    bowfishingrandy


    bowfishingrandy is online now I got shafted!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join Date:Sep 2013Posts:24






    Well I shouldn't get into this but: I love bowfishing out of airboats, fan boats, trollers and wading period we knew this may happen last year we can't change the state law, and yes there was a world championship in Missouri before on Truman Lake I think we had a permit for that night also but it's a flood plain lake it has very few homes close to the water and the hills are not steep the noise on this lake with tall hills plus everyone that lives on that lake are well off, they don't own the lake but they do know high ranking people to put pressure on the corp of engineers not to issue another permit if air boats, this is not up to Bass Pro they have to go by the rules, and they own a lot of places on this lake so this tournament is easier for them to have there without added expenses, please don't bash Bass Pro or J.P. he does not have to put on this tournament I for one am glad he does and I may or may not be there it depends on my mothers and mother-in-law health at that time. Guys it's a bowfishing tournament go or don't go but bashing on here just helps the anti-bowfishing people think before you type. I love bowfishing from a airboat my partner has a bowfishing guide service out of air boats i'm not against airboats but i'm for bowfishing if it was a wading tournament and I could go I would be there, Go ahead bash me it's happen before thanks J.P. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. randy

  17. #136
    Mudfish
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central La
    Posts
    528
    I dunno...I have been looking forward to making this tournament for the past 8 months. It does suck air power is out this year because I personally enjoy checking out all the big rigs before a tourney. But bashing isn't going to help anything and neither is boycotting it to prove a point and stick together. From my knowledge this is the first type of tournament endorsed by a company like BPS. They gave it a chance last year and got put between a rock and a hard place with complaints and local laws. They could have just said screw it and shut it down right there. Yea if u own air or fan boats it sucks u can't use it but u should be glad BPS is still willing to support the growing of our sport.

  18. #137
    Watching
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfishingrandy View Post





    Well I shouldn't get into this but: I love bowfishing out of airboats, fan boats, trollers and wading period we knew this may happen last year we can't change the state law, and yes there was a world championship in Missouri before on Truman Lake I think we had a permit for that night also but it's a flood plain lake it has very few homes close to the water and the hills are not steep the noise on this lake with tall hills plus everyone that lives on that lake are well off, they don't own the lake but they do know high ranking people to put pressure on the corp of engineers not to issue another permit if air boats, this is not up to Bass Pro they have to go by the rules, and they own a lot of places on this lake so this tournament is easier for them to have there without added expenses, please don't bash Bass Pro or J.P. he does not have to put on this tournament I for one am glad he does and I may or may not be there it depends on my mothers and mother-in-law health at that time. Guys it's a bowfishing tournament go or don't go but bashing on here just helps the anti-bowfishing people think before you type. I love bowfishing from a airboat my partner has a bowfishing guide service out of air boats i'm not against airboats but i'm for bowfishing if it was a wading tournament and I could go I would be there, Go ahead bash me it's happen before thanks J.P. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. randy


    Greenway we scouted up there in day light and funny the only time we seen Yall on water was on turny night in our gar hole!!


  19. #138
    I don't think that it's fair to the owners of airboats either but Bass Pro is sponsoring it so I can see where they can dictate how it will be run. If it were my dime I'd want the say also.

  20. #139
    Most banned BFC member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Paron Arkansas
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by mudfish View Post


    Greenway we scouted up there in day light and funny the only time we seen Yall on water was on turny night in our gar hole!!

    In y'all's hole huh? How did that work out for ya??


    Last edited by Greenway; 12-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.

  21. #140
    Most banned BFC member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Paron Arkansas
    Posts
    3,062
    We were in your hole hmm. We finished 6th. Wait for it.... Wait for it..... Scrolling down..... Scrolling.... Oh there u are 53rd lol

  22. #141
    Gator Gar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN [East TN]
    Posts
    1,503
    You might wanna check your spelling there greenhorn

  23. #142
    Most banned BFC member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Paron Arkansas
    Posts
    3,062
    We weren't in your hole.... I heard u was in Mikes hole after the donkey hole got banned

  24. #143
    Gator Gar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Posts
    1,542
    Lmao! Now that was funny! All I know is we had a peaceful cheap trip to table rock the day of, shot our fish, and went home with more money than we spent! Moving lakes would make much more sense...but what do I know!?

  25. #144
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mansfield, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    8,536
    Quote Originally Posted by cbowjones View Post
    Lmao! Now that was funny! All I know is we had a peaceful cheap trip to table rock the day of, shot our fish, and went home with more money than we spent! Moving lakes would make much more sense...but what do I know!?
    I agree but it's their event.

    And your a sick puppy greenway

  26. #145
    Most banned BFC member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Paron Arkansas
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I agree but it's their event.

    And your a sick puppy greenway
    Not good....!!!! I hear you like puppies

  27. #146
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mansfield, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    8,536
    Wishful thinking fruitcake!

  28. #147
    Too bad about the air boats. There money in the pot makes it larger. I do agree that the future event needs to be on a body of water where everyone can compete. To have a tourny like this I want to fish against the best........period. Or have it so the air boats can only fish bull shoals because of the lack of house there. At least the air boat fisherman could fish that body of water if the still wanted to fish. I do think that the teams should be 3 fisherman max per team. This might help even the odds for guys with smaller rigs who might be hesitant to compete because the size of thier boat.

  29. #148
    Shad
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    southeast missour
    Posts
    281
    Sience when did mo put a ban on airboats/fanboats. The restriction is on noise leavels and there is not many boats out there that actually meat the deciplel leavel look at your bas boats none of the meet it hell for that matter my boat with an 85hp don't meet it. I agree with everybody eles on here its just one step closer to banning our sport all together

  30. #149
    Hoopty's Special someone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hazel Green Al.
    Posts
    453
    Well it sucks for me cause I got a airboat but I'm sure bps and Jp are equally disappointed in the no airboats rule.With that being said,if I can find a troller rig to jump on I'm there.Last year we had a blast and we were surprised at how smooth everything went!!

  31. #150
    Hoopty's Special someone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hazel Green Al.
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
    We were in your hole hmm. We finished 6th. Wait for it.... Wait for it..... Scrolling down..... Scrolling.... Oh there u are 53rd lol
    That's good stuff!!!!

  32. #151
    Hammerhead
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern mn
    Posts
    3,330
    Even with all the pissing and moaning I can't wait to shoot this tourney again. We had a blast and got to see a bunch of good friends and meet new people

  33. #152
    Gator Gar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Mississippi
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootem Down View Post
    I got one chad you pull it and we wi shoot it
    May have to take you up on that bro.

  34. #153
    Gator Gar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Clinton MS
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
    May have to take you up on that bro.
    Sounds like a plan

  35. #154
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mansfield, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    8,536
    Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntt View Post
    Listen everyone, Any boat producing over 89 decibels is Illegal in Missouri. That being said, one or two boats may get away with it. But when you put 40 airboats on the water for 3 nights scouting and a night of tournament fishing you are bound to draw lots of attention and have complaints. The simple fact is that Missouri Highway Patrol said we would not be getting a special waiver for these boats to compete this year. Not because they wish to strip BPS or Bowfishermen of their rights but because the residents of Missouri made a law to restrict these types of boats years ago.

    Anyone that has ever met me, or spent time around me knows that I love the sport of bowfishing. I put this tournament on for FUN. Not to make money, not to play favorites, simply to bring bowfishermen together from around the country to have a good time and compete against the BEST. I'm not one to toot my own horn or BPS's for that matter, the way BPS and I try to help bowfishing is by bringing some POSITIVE national attention to our sport. If we try and cram airboats down the throat of the local public it will give airboats and fanboats a bad name across the country. By having a popular and well ran tournament we are opening the door for more large tournaments on Airboat friendly waters.

    Water Patrol and The Core of engineers have both assured me there are no problems with lights or generators and they WILL NOT become a problem because its our legal right to enjoy the lake in that fashion. 95% of the complaints they received were for noise. 5% for chasing donkeys through fences haha. In fact, the Water Patrol is happy to, and wants to work with Bowfishermen to make sure that we feel comfortable on the lake. That means reporting homeowners that shine spotlights or harass bowfishermen, they are breaking a law and will be dealt with.

    We will not be moving the location or changing the bodies of water allowed during the tournament for this year. I will consider other locations for the 2015 event to include everyone.
    And for those of you that choose not to show up... Well I guess that means more money and prizes for Belmore and I to win. I heard he's got his eyes on that pallet of Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes.

  36. #155
    IMAG0402.jpg a picture of last year's U.S. Champions boat. It's a troller and I was embarrassed to have it in the parking lot at the open just about every boat there was bigger and badder them mine but they all finished behind me. As far as the fishing not being good it wasn't it was great I have a 250 hp and couldn't get the boat on plane because fish were to the top of the gunnal rails. THANKS Bass Pro

  37. #156
    Gator Gar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Marysville, OHIO
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfishn bill View Post
    IMAG0402.jpg a picture of last year's U.S. Champions boat. It's a troller and I was embarrassed to have it in the parking lot at the open just about every boat there was bigger and badder them mine but they all finished behind me. As far as the fishing not being good it wasn't it was great I have a 250 hp and couldn't get the boat on plane because fish were to the top of the gunnal rails. THANKS Bass Pro
    I'll give credit where credit is due-y'all did well. Very impressive.

    But for the love of God, please do NOT say the fishing was 'great'. I can honestly say that it was some of the least productive, dissapointing, must boring water I have fished. When you troll the shoreline for HOURS and don't see so much as a single fish, that my friend, SUCKS.

    I understand it was early, and cold, and obviously 99% of us didn't have that home field advantage, but Christ man, back home even on a crappy night we fill up a barrel or two with big commons.

    Hopefully this year will be better conditions. The tourny was ran perfect, and was a blast, but the fishing was....well...borrring....

  38. #157
    Bighead Carp
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfishn bill View Post
    IMAG0402.jpg a picture of last year's U.S. Champions boat. It's a troller and I was embarrassed to have it in the parking lot at the open just about every boat there was bigger and badder them mine but they all finished behind me. As far as the fishing not being good it wasn't it was great I have a 250 hp and couldn't get the boat on plane because fish were to the top of the gunnal rails. THANKS Bass Pro
    You guys rocked this tourney for sure and I'll be the first one to say GREAT JOB! BUT......a 250 h.p boat is bad azz boat

  39. #158
    Mudfish
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpCommander View Post
    I'll give credit where credit is due-y'all did well. Very impressive.

    But for the love of God, please do NOT say the fishing was 'great'. I can honestly say that it was some of the least productive, dissapointing, must boring water I have fished. When you troll the shoreline for HOURS and don't see so much as a single fish, that my friend, SUCKS.

    I understand it was early, and cold, and obviously 99% of us didn't have that home field advantage, but Christ man, back home even on a crappy night we fill up a barrel or two with big commons.

    Hopefully this year will be better conditions. The tourny was ran perfect, and was a blast, but the fishing was....well...borrring....
    you were in the wrong spot. We coulda filled our boat to the brim with 10#'s had 100 in the boat by 10pm then took off looking for a big grassie that we never found. It was a great shoot, but that lake isn't made for big bowfishing tourneys!

  40. #159
    Most banned BFC member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Paron Arkansas
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfishn bill View Post
    IMAG0402.jpg a picture of last year's U.S. Champions boat. It's a troller and I was embarrassed to have it in the parking lot at the open just about every boat there was bigger and badder them mine but they all finished behind me. As far as the fishing not being good it wasn't it was great I have a 250 hp and couldn't get the boat on plane because fish were to the top of the gunnal rails. THANKS Bass Pro
    U said US Champions lol. That would be US Open Winners. If u want to be a Champion shoot the BAA World Championship

  41. #160
    Gator Gar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Marysville, OHIO
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorny View Post
    you were in the wrong spot. We coulda filled our boat to the brim with 10#'s had 100 in the boat by 10pm then took off looking for a big grassie that we never found. It was a great shoot, but that lake isn't made for big bowfishing tourneys!
    Hell we were ECSTATIC to find enough fish to pull a limit...lol. After 2 nights of scouting I'm thankful for the little bit of fish we boated.

    I think we had 44 or so-just over a 10lb average. Pretty sad. What's really sad is that weight got us 32nd outta 130+. But you're right-we needed a few grassies to hang with the big dawgs.

    On the flip side, it was kinda cool having some tough conditions that really split up the field.

    I hated it, but loved it at the same time...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast


...advertisement

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •