Muzzy Reel Caps

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Muzzy Reel Caps

Muzzy Reel Caps

RGD Boats will no longer be selling the Muzzy Reel Caps, however I will still be selling them, PM me for more info or Call or text me Josh Brooks at 479-438-3335 thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Mudfish
    Good to know these are still around. Going to be buying a few more for myself

Volume discount buy 5 get 5% off

$75 per cap tyd...... or buy 5 and save a little

Whether you buy 5 for yourself or five friends buy one each

Payment must come from one account and shipped to one place in order to get the discount

Paypal for non local sales only, protects me and you

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Bighead Carp
    Not to be rude I just don't understand. Why are replacement caps more than a new reel? Someone fill me in please

Gator Gar
    it frees up the line spooling off the spool, much smoother. I owe um and love it

Mudfish
    i have a few of them and they are the best. Un real how smooth it makes the line come off. Will be buying a few more soon

Gator Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobshooter View Post
    Not to be rude I just don't understand. Why are replacement caps more than a new reel? Someone fill me in please
    I will let the machinist reply with actual answer but I suspect it is the time and materials used. The one I have appears to be based on machining marks started from a solid block of aluminum and machined down to specs. Lot of waste, lot of time, material, machine and labor costs my guess.

Bighead Carp
    I'll have to try my muzzy before I spend that much on a reel cap. But it seems like the guys that have them are happy with them

Do the reel caps have slots in them to spray line without removing cap?

Redfish
    I don't know if they do or not but it's pretty easy to just drill a hole or two in it

Quote Originally Posted by jb-hunter View Post
    I will let the machinist reply with actual answer but I suspect it is the time and materials used. The one I have appears to be based on machining marks started from a solid block of aluminum and machined down to specs. Lot of waste, lot of time, material, machine and labor costs my guess.
    Yes each cap is CNC machined out of a solid piece of billet aluminum so there is a lot of waste, but unfortunately is the only way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mendozer View Post
    Do the reel caps have slots in them to spray line without removing cap?
    I drill 4 holes directly across from each other so that you can spray the line down from all sides

Bighead Carp
    Quote Originally Posted by powboybowfishin View Post
    I drill 4 holes directly across from each other so that you can spray the line down from all sides
    Mine didn't come with any holes! Can u send me a pic of where u drill them so I can add them to mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Big buff View Post
    Mine didn't come with any holes! Can u send me a pic of where u drill them so I can add them to mine?
    yeah I apologize about that, some of the first few caps were shipped before they got drilled..... There are 3 rings on the cap, drill your holes in the middle ring, you can drill them how ever you want to just make sure to take some sand paper on the inside to knock down any burs

Check out my facebook page Outer Limits Bowfising https://www.facebook.com/OuterLimits...on=web_address

I am having a contest, best action shot will win a free cap of their choice! This is kinda a customer appreciation contest and also so I can add to my customer photo album...... Contest ends April 1st, check out my page for more contest details....

Hey everyone, my apologies for not being around the forum much, Ive separated myself from the forums for a while, but yes reel caps are back in production and you can find them here at http://www.clementsfirearms.com/store/hunting-fishing, buy directly from the website..

Again my apologies for not paying attention to my threads and answering questions
    Josh

Redfish
    got my cap yesterday... no spray holes but before I drill any holes, I'm wondering if these fit the newer style of the Muzzy reel... cap fits great on my Muzzy's with the green strip and logo but on the new white logo and line reels it seem to not seat all the way... there is a 1/8th gap...

Tadpole
    It fit my brand new muzzy

Bighead Carp
    Quote Originally Posted by SaLtY dAwG View Post
    got my cap yesterday... no spray holes but before I drill any holes, I'm wondering if these fit the newer style of the Muzzy reel... cap fits great on my Muzzy's with the green strip and logo but on the new white logo and line reels it seem to not seat all the way... there is a 1/8th gap...
    I have one of the old style muzzy reels that my extended cap also doesn't seat all the way down unless you really force it on. Threads look fine on reel so not sure what the problem is either. Mine was supposed to come with spray holes but didn't either, but easy fix.

Redfish
    well I got it to fit 2 out of the 5 reels I have... one of the old style green logo it will not fit and both my new reels it will not fit... oh well guess I will just have to use it on the two that it works with...

I no longer have a hand in the caps, but I'll talk to my buddy who took over the caps and see how things are going..... I've moved off to do my own thing and have been away from the caps, so I apologize for the lack of communication and activity on this and other forums.

Redfish
    Quote Originally Posted by powboybowfishin View Post
    I no longer have a hand in the caps, but I'll talk to my buddy who took over the caps and see how things are going..... I've moved off to do my own thing and have been away from the caps, so I apologize for the lack of communication and activity on this and other forums.
    Its all good bud... Jade is taking care of this for me...

Well I just ordered one hope it comes soon as hope I like it.

Redfish
    right on... took 2 days to get to ID from OK you should have it before the open... I think I will be out of luck as I have to ship mine back...

They are really good people over there, I wouldn't have left it to them if they weren't

28. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

...advertisement