CustomFitzLED $39 30W Floods Review

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CustomFitzLED $39 30W Floods Review

Gator Gar

CustomFitzLED $39 30W Floods Review

I purchased two of the 30W 12V Floods for $39 shipped and I have to say they exceeded my expectations by far.

Here are the floods - http://www.customfitzled.com/apps/we...s/show/3250507

I installed the two I have on the front left and front left corner.

In the shop - After install we hit the switch and wow, seemed to be much better coverage than comparable 27w on other side of boat and WOW bright

On the water - It is by far a softer light than the 27's, reminded me of the 27's with yellow film BUT no loss of penetration.
    - When the fog set in, the 27's reflected back at us hard, the 30's did not.
    - Mostly clear water, the 27's are whiter and clarity on the bottom is crisp, 30's you see absolutely fine, just not as bright.
    - Murky water, the 30's penetrate better than the 27's or appear to I think because less reflection. 27's work OK.
    - Coverage, I think the 30's cover more water per unit in murky, clear water 27's might see a little further ahead but I think if I had all 30's I would be just as happy and won't take near the total number of lights to cover same amount of water.

Final summary -if looking for a value LED light softer than the 27's, I think this is it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Common Carp
    Another good review jb. I have wondered about getting a few to cover my blind spots .

Mudfish
    What would you say Barkley Lake, Kentucky Lake ....Tennesee & Ohio river would be as far as water clarity compared to other water out there that others shoot....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Mudfish
    I have been researching for several months for the right purchase of light for my boat....I can honestly say I'm no closer now than when I started....going crazy,,, I do know I want leds and gonna run batteries but what watt??? & bright white,cool,warm no idea.... 27w,30w,40,48w,50.....eBay,Amazon,fitz,seelight and on and on...prices are all over the place...they are all made from the same place??? No there not???

So much to choose from I like the 50 watt. Got them from customfitz and will order from him again.

Mudfish
    Does the 30 watt R have a mount bracket??

Boat builder
    yes but all large flood fixtures brackets are not intended for the abuse we put them through. unless you get the 27s,or 48s in the small fixtures your gonna need to bend up some extra heavy brackets.

Boat builder
    i love my 30s. i have 17 of them around my 80" wide by 85" long deck. you can see pix of them on my boat on customfitz FB page.

Mudfish
    I had 10 27w just on the deck of my boat and decided to take a chance and try out the 30w warm white. 2 of the 30w warms out shined 5 of my 27w cool whites. Needless to say I have been in the process of order 2 lights at a time until my boat is surrounded by 10 lights.

If u are running 27s I highly recommend the 30w floods as a replacement.

Mudfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooks87 View Post
    I had 10 27w just on the deck of my boat and decided to take a chance and try out the 30w warm white. 2 of the 30w warms out shined 5 of my 27w cool whites. Needless to say I have been in the process of order 2 lights at a time until my boat is surrounded by 10 lights.

Thanks man!!! exactly the info I was looking for.....have shot over 15 -27watt for a while and was just woundering about going too 30's.....

Mudfish
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteriverrambo View Post
    i love my 30s. i have 17 of them around my 80" wide by 85" long deck. you can see pix of them on my boat on customfitz FB page.
    17.......thats alot....27watt 60 degree & 30watt at what 120 or 140 degree seems you would cover mor area with 30 watt at that degree and need less lights.....but see further out with 27's @ 60 degree

Mudfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooks87 View Post

was it a big deal to fab up some brackets....???

Mudfish
    Anyone fish Kentucky or Barkley lake./Ohio/Tenn.... or around this area to tell me what light (color) would be the best for our waters...only shot over 27wattErs.......anybody shoot over somthing different and like it better...

Mudfish
    Here in Louisiana clear water is kinda scarce lol. The warm white has been the best all around LED I've shot over

Mudfish
    Here's a link to a thread where I had some pictures of 5-27watt vs 2-30watt in the yard

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums...7w-and-30w-yet

Mudfish
    Your comparison is pretty cut N dry easy to see the difference......30 looks alot brighter.2 me..but then whiteriverrambo stated on there that its wasnt worth the trouble that the 27's where better/lighter/ brighter...already had brackets....and so on... all he gained was a better looking light on his boat

Gator Gar
    I really didn't see anything wrong with the mounting brackets that came with the lights and I presonnaly think a little give on rough water and highways might be better than a solid bracket and jolt (think shock absorber). Buy a few of each and sale for a slight loss what you don't like and be happy knowing you got what you thought was best in the end.

Mudfish
    all I can do is try em...

Mudfish
    I put the bolt it the middle of the bracket then put a heavy duty zip tie on each side of the bracket so all the weight wasn't on the middle. I would take a pic but I'm out of town.

My opinion on the 2 is that the warm white 30w is 2 times better than the 27w cool white. U can have 3 27w and as soon as u turn on the 1 30w it almost completely drowns out the 27w where u can't tell they are even on.

Outdoor, I'm going to buy 4 more of the 30w warms in the near future. If u want to try them just buy 2 and see what u think. If u don't like it let me know and I'll buy them from u. Only loss u will have is the price u pay to ship them to me.
    Last edited by Crooks87; 10-16-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Mudfish
    got some 27's and have shot with a friend for years over top of 27's....so I know they will work great for my area but for just a few more dollars if the 30's are better than thats what I would like to go with....with them having a different degree 60....& 140 \\\\\bright white & warm white ...so yea I really just need to get a few and see...

Common Carp
    and if crooks decides not to buy em, I will. So get a few and if ya dont like em ship em off and get what ya do like!

Mudfish
    Thanks guys....good to know,,,i aint stuck with somthing....prob gonna order today]]] a few to check out

Mudfish
    Yea u basically are getting a free trial with the lights. I just hope fitz chimes in soon and let's us know if we buy lights from each other that they will still be under his warranty since they originally came from him

Mudfish
    no free trial......caint get to begin with.....to even check em out

look on amazon for a brand called LE lighting. i have 5 of there 30w flood lights and put them through hell with no problem they are very stout. i paid about twenty bucks each very impressed they are the warm white color as well.

I have played around with several different LED set ups 14 27 watt lights, 14 small 30 watts, 6 21" LED bars cool white and Green and 10 Moonshine 50 watt warm white's and by far the Moonshine lights kick butt!! I also did a lil research and found out that some of the cheap lights on ebay and amazon are using smaller drivers on their lights. The only thing I have changed on the Moonshine lights is the mount bracket I had some made much heavier.

29. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

...advertisement