...advertisement

Thread: Alabama gator gar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Common Carp
    not bad for a punk kid and an old has been lol j/k.. good job guys

Redfish
    Are there any gator gar on lake guntersville? Nice fish I want one bad big or small wouldn't matter to me

Hammerhead
    Was that down on the coast? No gator gar in lake guntersville

Pond Scum
    There more in the delta regions

Pond Scum
    Yea we shoot it in Mobile

Nice! I will be running a couple charters in the delta for some this week.

Hammerhead
    Quote Originally Posted by robby elliott View Post
    Yea we shoot it in Mobile
    He shoots a gator gar and now he's starting to sound like a Cajun haha

BFC Addict
    Nice!

Good Job Robby and Butch. Great fish for Alabama no doubt. I see Butch got ahold of that things head with his hammer. Bless his heart, I think he has a deep hatred for those things the way he bashes them..lol

Redfish
    Thanks for info

Nice fish! Delta dog has shot one or two of them hoes, he put me on my first one last summer.

Pond Scum
    We seen a few small ones but the wind had the water muddy

Mudfish
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    Good Job Robby and Butch. Great fish for Alabama no doubt. I see Butch got ahold of that things head with his hammer. Bless his heart, I think he has a deep hatred for those things the way he bashes them..lol
    You know my rule Chuck, they don't come in the boat before that free brain checking !!!!

Mudfish
    Good job guys!!
    Yeah the hammer to the head rule..broke Mike's heart at the cajun when he enforced that rule!!

Admin
    nice.

Hammer time is my favorite!

Needle Nose Gar
    nice fish! he sure does have a short snout???...compared to the ones around here anyways

Mr. Bandage
    Butch named that gar 7 years ago. Told me its name was BubbaGar

Pond Scum
    Nice !!!!!!!!!Wish we could shoot those over here.

Needle Nose Gar
    Has anyone found any particular area of the Delta to be better than others?

We are down there every August for alligator season, so we're pretty familiar with the area but never get a chance to go bowfishing... But we are planning a trip down that way next month.

Hoping for a few nights on the Delta and a night or two in the Bay or around Gulf Shores. Any help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by FWG View Post
    not bad for a punk kid and an old has been lol j/k.. good job guys
    thats what i was thinking too,lol...nice one...

Pond Scum
    Dirt around what part of Montgomery are you from we shoot the Alabama river about every weekend

Hammerhead
    Quote Originally Posted by -dirt- View Post
    Has anyone found any particular area of the Delta to be better than others?

We are down there every August for alligator season, so we're pretty familiar with the area but never get a chance to go bowfishing... But we are planning a trip down that way next month.

Hoping for a few nights on the Delta and a night or two in the Bay or around Gulf Shores. Any help is appreciated!
    Who are you sleeping with to get a tag every year me and a few buddies have been trying since they started the gator hunts

Needle Nose Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by robby elliott View Post
    Dirt around what part of Montgomery are you from we shoot the Alabama river about every weekend
    I live off Ware's Ferry. We usually shot on Jordan (canal and new lake) but occasionally ventured to Cooter's Pond. We used to shoot below Jordan Dam until I upgraded boats. The gator barge can't shoot the rapids like my flat-bottom could! We're ya'll at Cooter's the night of the 26th before Memorial Day? A rig was putting in as we were taking out.

Quote Originally Posted by wbeadlescomb View Post
    Who are you sleeping with to get a tag every year me and a few buddies have been trying since they started the gator hunts
    Yeah, we are pretty lucky or something. Between all of us we probably apply between 50 and 100 times each year split over a couple people. There are 4 of us that put in every year, plus some other random friends, and we've gotten drawn every year we put in. We've gotten drawn a total of 15 times since 2007 (a few were alternates that got bumped up to tag holders). We've only filled 13 due to poor weather on Eufaula in 2007 and just ran out of time on our final tag last year (got four tags). We've been fortunate to have 5 of those over 10'. Largest was 13' 720 lbs at River Bend in Eufaula in 2010 -- we took the next year off!

Hopefully you'll get drawn this year!

Hammerhead
    Quote Originally Posted by -dirt- View Post
    I live off Ware's Ferry. We usually shot on Jordan (canal and new lake) but occasionally ventured to Cooter's Pond. We used to shoot below Jordan Dam until I upgraded boats. The gator barge can't shoot the rapids like my flat-bottom could! We're ya'll at Cooter's the night of the 26th before Memorial Day? A rig was putting in as we were taking out.

Yeah, we are pretty lucky or something. Between all of us we probably apply between 50 and 100 times each year split over a couple people. There are 4 of us that put in every year, plus some other random friends, and we've gotten drawn every year we put in. We've gotten drawn a total of 15 times since 2007 (a few were alternates that got bumped up to tag holders). We've only filled 13 due to poor weather on Eufaula in 2007 and just ran out of time on our final tag last year (got four tags). We've been fortunate to have 5 of those over 10'. Largest was 13' 720 lbs at River Bend in Eufaula in 2010 -- we took the next year off!

Hopefully you'll get drawn this year!
    Doubtful with the way my luck is. I grew up about two miles from cooters pond in prattville there's a few gators back there close to the golf course.

Pond Scum
    I live in wetumpka but we shoot scooters pond alot

...advertisement