I picked this RIGHT HANDED 50/70 Oneida Discovery up a few weeks ago and have been playing with it on and off and I will let you know way more than I did by far when the guy described it to me which was “for sale, needs cable”. Now it looks 10 times better and shoots bullet holes through paper.
Things that were or are still wrong -
1. Lower draw stop screw and nut is missing, it is a common thread set screw but Lowes nor the farm store had one as long as needed so it is still missing. Top screw and nut is there.
2. C Clips missing from bottom yoke rod. Simple replacement, I just can't seem to remember to take one off and go match it... been busy.
3. Bottom outboard limb had been lightly sanded on the inside, don't know why, a used fine sandpaper to clean it up and blacked out with sharpie.
4. One strand was broken on one cable, it was clipped with I pulled the cables and re-twisted them evenly. Plenty left, I have shot bow close to 50 times. You may still want to replace them and retune but I would be fine with them.
Things I have already done -
1. Added peep tube to cable ends where they attach to the power limbs. Joe Oneida said they should have had a cover on them but shrink tube would work, I used peep tube instead.
2. As mentioned above, twisted cables evenly to tune bow but I still see the infamous Oneida Discovery limb tips slightly out but I am no Oneida tech and there may be more tricks and one I read is moving the cables to the inside of the cable guard to relieve some tension.
3. Wiped bow down good, it was terribly dusty from setting and waxed strings and cables.
4. Paper tuned bow using a stiff carbon arrow to make sure (in my mind) that power cables and limbs were or could be synced. See pics.
5. Moved draw length out to longest setting. I am getting 28" out of it, I can shoot a 29.5 and really like 30.5 so it is really short feeling for me.
So, now I can say I have owned one, know more than I did and now it is up for sale "as is" or I can add a few items for a nominal fee.
As is WITHOUT the rest in the picture, $325 PayPal TYD and add $25 if you want the AMS Tidal Wave (they are $35 for me to replace)
As is with the Tidal Wave rest, the Muzzy XD reel in the picture spooled with green 200#, the Muzzy seat (little loose) and the rod (from Bowshack) and adding green finger slicks like the one pictured on my Osprey $425 TYD
Firm on price for a few days until others have a chance to see it, don't need to sell tonight so no offers accepted for a few days and may set on it until closer to bowfishing gets hot again.
Thanks for looking and I have described this and pictured it best I can.