Oneida Discovery Right Handed 50/70 Balck on Black... I am done playing with it.

...advertisement

Thread: Oneida Discovery Right Handed 50/70 Balck on Black... I am done playing with it.

Silver Carp

Oneida Discovery Right Handed 50/70 Balck on Black... I am done playing with it.

I picked this RIGHT HANDED 50/70 Oneida Discovery up a few weeks ago and have been playing with it on and off and I will let you know way more than I did by far when the guy described it to me which was “for sale, needs cable”. Now it looks 10 times better and shoots bullet holes through paper.

Things that were or are still wrong -

1. Lower draw stop screw and nut is missing, it is a common thread set screw but Lowes nor the farm store had one as long as needed so it is still missing. Top screw and nut is there.
    2. C Clips missing from bottom yoke rod. Simple replacement, I just can't seem to remember to take one off and go match it... been busy.
    3. Bottom outboard limb had been lightly sanded on the inside, don't know why, a used fine sandpaper to clean it up and blacked out with sharpie.
    4. One strand was broken on one cable, it was clipped with I pulled the cables and re-twisted them evenly. Plenty left, I have shot bow close to 50 times. You may still want to replace them and retune but I would be fine with them.

Things I have already done -
    1. Added peep tube to cable ends where they attach to the power limbs. Joe Oneida said they should have had a cover on them but shrink tube would work, I used peep tube instead.
    2. As mentioned above, twisted cables evenly to tune bow but I still see the infamous Oneida Discovery limb tips slightly out but I am no Oneida tech and there may be more tricks and one I read is moving the cables to the inside of the cable guard to relieve some tension.
    3. Wiped bow down good, it was terribly dusty from setting and waxed strings and cables.
    4. Paper tuned bow using a stiff carbon arrow to make sure (in my mind) that power cables and limbs were or could be synced. See pics.
    5. Moved draw length out to longest setting. I am getting 28" out of it, I can shoot a 29.5 and really like 30.5 so it is really short feeling for me.

So, now I can say I have owned one, know more than I did and now it is up for sale "as is" or I can add a few items for a nominal fee.

As is WITHOUT the rest in the picture, $325 PayPal TYD and add $25 if you want the AMS Tidal Wave (they are $35 for me to replace)

As is with the Tidal Wave rest, the Muzzy XD reel in the picture spooled with green 200#, the Muzzy seat (little loose) and the rod (from Bowshack) and adding green finger slicks like the one pictured on my Osprey $425 TYD

Firm on price for a few days until others have a chance to see it, don't need to sell tonight so no offers accepted for a few days and may set on it until closer to bowfishing gets hot again.

Thanks for looking and I have described this and pictured it best I can.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Silver Carp
    More pics

Silver Carp
    Last ones

Silver Carp
    PM's answered and off to bed in 15, see ya in the morning.

Silver Carp
    Surprised its still here... I looked for one for a while. Guess I am too honest in the description?

Mudfish
    You have a pm

Silver Carp
    Pm answered...

Gator Gar
    How much if you fix it up to perfection lol?

Silver Carp
    What's perfect? Dipped, stainless hardware and new cables and strings? Add another $200-225

I have been at school sport events or work most every night till 9 PM so I work on this most nights between 10 and 11PM.

It needs two c clips and I will find those at lowes or the farm store on the way home and take 1 minute to install. I will have to look online to find a set screw nut and order online, none locally but can't be more than $5 and 1 minute. The limb-tip lean is nature of the beast and I have not found a way around it following the instructions of yoke twists but as seen in the pictures, a clean finger release and a stiff carbon (no fletched) arrow will shoot bullet holes in paper indicating the bow can be tuned.

Still $325

what is this tip lean your talkin about?

Silver Carp
    The Discovery due to its design was plagued with limb twist from the get go but several people have fixed or mostly fixed it with some modifications. The twist is not as evident as the limb tip alignment caused by the twist.

I have received several suggestions and have read several fixes for this issue but have not had time to implement them. Biggest issue for me is that even after investing time and money the bow will still only pull 28" (without repacing limbs) and I need 29" and really prefer 30".

Joe Oneida (American Eagle) said he could fix me up dipped, limbs to go 30" and cables for around $250-$300 . I just don't care to put that into the Discovery when I already own a Osprey which is a much nicer bow.

So, if it does not sale or I don't trade it then I may continue to play with it. Only trade I am interested in would be a like new AMS fish hawk and retriever for a loaner bow for friends if they want to go.

Gator Gar
    Just so you know you can get a set of outboards that are 13in long that will give you the draw you want for about $45.00... this is a nice little bow... I had one and traded it last year and then found anouther since I missed having one...

Silver Carp
    Close this thread, moved to a new thread - http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums...e-Arrow-Holder

15. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

...advertisement