Mercury 15 remote model wiring

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mercury 15 remote model wiring

Mercury 15 remote model wiring

I'm setting up a kicker boat for a guy and he bought a new remote 15. Steering, shifting and throttle will be a piece of cake. But what about hooking up a key switch? It has a plug that a harness from a shifter/control box would plug to. So how do I wire up a key? Normally purple is ignition but there's not a purple wire anywhere. And no wiring diagrams worth a crap online
    Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

I've found a few Mercury wire color charts but none of it matches up with this 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Needle Nose Gar
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-Mari...-/201537667207

This is what I bought for mine, it was $36 on eBay at the time. I then stripped the other side and ran it all the way to my kicker control box.

Redfish
    I haven't rigged my kicker yet but when I was buying parts I ran into the exact same issue. I even called Mercury and I swear to God the guy I was talking to didn't know what wires I needed to use or not use. This clown couldn't even tell me how to wire a key switch to a brand new kicker, and asked why I wanted to use a key??

And he was supposed to be the 'expert'.....

Best thing to do is call The Sport Center in Perry GA i have got several plug in harness for kickers there they come in several diff lenght. It makes a water tight seal where it comes out the rubber where the shift cables go in at. Also it will have the EL choke wire in it and you will need it also just makes for a nice factory look at steering stick. Dont forget to get a keyswitch with a puch in choke.

I just wired in mine, you will need a whip coming out of the motor, then the quicksilver alarm/chock/ignition box. cut off the ends wire them together. it gives you over heat and low oil alarm with choke at the steer stick. I called cabelas and they sent it to me. I also have a wiring diagram if you want it..

Quote Originally Posted by 574yellowlab.1 View Post
    I just wired in mine, you will need a whip coming out of the motor, then the quicksilver alarm/chock/ignition box. cut off the ends wire them together. it gives you over heat and low oil alarm with choke at the steer stick. I called cabelas and they sent it to me. I also have a wiring diagram if you want it..
    Let's see it! Haven't been on in a couple days but buying the harness deal sounds like the best route

How do u know which harness to get. No matter what I search it pulls up all different 1s

Is this it?

image.jpg

TTT

Wasn't it. Right 1 is on the way

They sent me 2 25ft harnesses if somebody needs 1

I was told if I cut the pigtail off the motor it would void the warranty.

Common Carp
    Quote Originally Posted by afflicted View Post
    Me! Pick me! I'm about to buy a 2017 Mercury 15hp and I guess I will need one too

Redfish
    Quote Originally Posted by afflicted View Post
    If he doesn't need it I'll get it from ya. Shoot me a PM if it comes available...

19. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

...advertisement