The Funky Chipmunk thread - Page 8

...advertisement
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Funky Chipmunk thread

Gator Gar
    Last night the conditions weren't all that great but we got 22 and managed to break 200 for the boat total at 203 for this year. Once the water clears up it should get really good the carp are starting to move in a little shallower and you can see mud clouds everywhere as your going along you just can't see the fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Nice shooting dude, those are some solid fish

Some nice ones there, Chance!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

Gator Gar
    Thanks guys! As long as the bay clears up a bit and everything goes ok next weekend should be AWESOME if the fish that were there stay around we should at least get a barrel full of those

Admin
    good deal Chance

Nice work!

we will be heading up there this week/weekend. we took 60 last weekend. it was muddy over on the west side.

Gator Gar
    I thought I'd post an update since I have been really busy with my lawn care business lately we got out last Saturday night and got a nice barrel of 25 fish even though the conditions weren't the greatest, then Sunday night I got out with THS Sporting Center to fill a barrel I took a camera along and have some editing to do I don't know if we'll get out this weekend with the rain coming but it's definitely starting to get pretty good on the bay.

Nice work Chance!

Looks like some slobs there Chance! Nice shootin!

Gator Gar
    It looks like the Chipmunk will be at the BAM shoot in Standish next weekend. I can't believe it snuck up on so fast found it was next weekend today I don't even know who's shooting it with me yet something will work out so come over and see us if you're there.

Gator Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by Payphone Jones View Post
    Looks like some slobs there Chance! Nice shootin!
    Thanks! I'm hoping we can find them like that next weekend

Gator Gar
    Well you win some you loose some last night was officially my worst night ever for finding fish at the Standish BAM shoot we ended up with 7 fish total that brought us up to a whopping 78 lbs we quit at 3 am we went out of a launch on a river and fished in the river until the wind died down then we tried the bay. A friend of mine that we fished right by played his cards right after talking to him the best I can figure he found a few holes of fish and he backed off them when anyone got close to him and ended up with 113 and got 2nd in our class it was just his turn we were fishing right with airboats that weren't doing much better than us. Jake an I still had a good time it was his first tournament so he enjoyed seeing how it all works everything went great we had little wind and clear water just no fish.

Hammerhead
    Can't win if ya dont try. As long as you're having fun you're still a winner in my book buddy.

Each time on the water you learn something, I bet you'll do better next time.

Gator Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBriggs View Post
    Can't win if ya dont try. As long as you're having fun you're still a winner in my book buddy.
    That's very true. Can I get a participation trophy? I mean this in the best way possible but I'd rather not be called a winner for that one but I see where you're going

Gator Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpCowboy View Post
    Each time on the water you learn something, I bet you'll do better next time.
    I bet we will to we just had an REALLY off night I can usually get on a some fish in a new area but that was one that I'm still scratching my head over everything was perfect but we just couldn't get on any fish I'm sure ready for Friday to go put the hurt'n on some fish after that one.

Gator Gar
    Tomorrow night should be AWESOME the weather is calling for better weather than we've had in a month on my side of the bay a friend of mine went out and got two barrels full in two hours by himself.

Gator Gar
    Now that I have time after being busy all weekend Friday night my Blonde haired friend came up to shoot some fish and we hit it perfect we ended up with 65 it was just plain awesome we were done at 1:30 the Chipmunk handled it just fine but that's about all the weight I'm going to try with it if I wasn't headed to cedar point for a band trip Saturday morning we could of easily got over 100 with an offload by the time we dumped fish and got home I got a shower and half hour nap before I had to go to the school to leave cedar point was fun but I'd of rather shot fish until daylight lol then after cedar point I got home at 1 am on Sunday then woke up in the morning to cut lawns it was a pretty crazy weekend

Gator Gar
    Last edited by chance; 1 Week Ago at 02:42 AM.

Gator Gar
    IMG_0235.JPGIMG_0236.JPGtonight after I found out I wasn't working for a lady we cut grass for Jake and I headed over to the bay for a day shoot and got 12 it was decent but most fish where Jake couldn't see them so we tried some other places but it was a pretty good night

Gator Gar
    After Friday night I'm sure hoping it rains tonight the boat smells terrible lol

If I were you, I'd start taking the blonde more often. (Sorry Jake.) Although I believe in following through with your commitments, I think it would have been acceptable to call in sick to the band to hang out on a boat all night with a real live girl while hammering the fish.

BFC's Prankster
    If I were you, I'd start taking the blonde more often. (Sorry Jake.) Although I believe in following through with your commitments, I think it would have been acceptable to call in sick to the band to hang out on a boat all night with a real live girl while hammering the fish.
    X2
    IMG_0548.jpg
    Last edited by garpwacker; 1 Week Ago at 07:14 PM.

Hoopty's Special someone
    Yeah im starting to worry about you chance ...... good looking girl that likes to bow fish and you aren't spending A LOT more time with her

Quote Originally Posted by amsugg View Post
    Yeah im starting to worry about you chance ...... good looking girl that likes to bow fish and you aren't spending A LOT more time with her
    x2 gotta get those priorities straight lol

BFC's Prankster
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinder View Post
    x2 gotta get those priorities straight lol
    Or before you know it your the best man at your buddy Jakes wedding watching your blonde headed friend getting married....

Gator Gar
    lol guys if I could take her more often TRUST ME I would but she lives about 100 miles away from me and between collage classes and work she doesn't get a whole lot of time to come up.

Gator Gar
    It was tough leave but I already had everything paid for to go to cedar point

Dang chance I need your luck, not for finding fish but fishing buddies, mine don't look that good

Gator Gar
    Since I may or may not be fishing in the 2nd largest tournament in the country this weekend the GLBC I haven't posted anything about it yet but we're the first in line to get a spot since there's always no shows the day of we'll probably get a spot but I've got a kid with a truck that's a decent shot shooting it with me I'm going out Thursday night and Taking Friday off to scout as long as there's not to much wind I've got over 10 miles of shoreline picked out not counting the infinite twist, turns, and holes in the marsh to try to cover I'm hoping to put the effort in this year to try to place and make it in the top 20 this year we'll for sure be using all the daylight we can get I know a good chunk of that marsh pretty well so we'll see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    lol guys if I could take her more often TRUST ME I would but she lives about 100 miles away from me and between collage classes and work she doesn't get a whole lot of time to come up.
    Sounds like time for a road trip out to her!

Hoopty's Special someone
    wasn't there a country song about meeting in the middle? except this time you wont meet at a tree you meet at a lake or tent, or movie
    Last edited by amsugg; 1 Week Ago at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amsugg View Post
    wasn't there a country song about meeting in the middle? except this time you wont meet at a tree you meet at a lake or tent, or movie
    Make sure she don't get cold if you're meeting up at a tent!

Needle Nose Gar
    Chance,

you can have my spot for the GLBC this weekend. Team #13 will be a no show.

Gator Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott7030 View Post
    Chance,

you can have my spot for the GLBC this weekend. Team #13 will be a no show.
    Thank you! Can you let Colleen know? So we can participate in the number call off in the morning

Needle Nose Gar
    Sorry Chance, I was off the grid after my post Friday. I would have called Colleen for you if I had seen your post.
    how did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    It was tough leave but I already had everything paid for to go to cedar point
    So what? Let's say it costs $75 to go to Cedar Point with the band. It also costs $75 to hang out with the pretty girl on the boat for another 4 hours. Which one you gonna pick? There will be opportunities beating on your door your whole life. Sometimes, plans will need to change to take advantage of those opportunities. I'll turn this into a spreadsheet, if it'll help, but we are gonna need to see a picture of the girl from the Cedar Point trip.

BFC's Prankster
    Chance, you graduate HS yet ???? Cuz read over 100 miles away and College classes , might need a Michigan resident couger license also....
    Last edited by garpwacker; 6 Days Ago at 10:30 AM.

Gator Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott7030 View Post
    Sorry Chance, I was off the grid after my post Friday. I would have called Colleen for you if I had seen your post.
    how did you do?
    No problem #13 wasn't up for grabs anyway we got the only no show spot, but Friday we found quite a few fish in a few different spots and one that had the fish boiling pretty good. We thought we had a good chance of being competitive Saturday we got out of the cut and raced over to find not one fish loaded up the boat to try a couple more and only managed to get 2 goldfish and a nice dogfish that was in the running for the biggest for a while. Then Sunday we got out of the quarry and to the launch with a bunch of boats that were still loading up their stuff so we went to put the boat in around them and everything was good I hoped out to put the plug in the boat quick since the drain hole got plugged the night before with scales and I was letting it drain going down the road went to hop back in the truck and a guy with about a 14x7 airboat pulled up trying big and bad barely squeezed by us and had to back down the ramp at an angle since it's a tiny ramp we got the boat in the water and went to take off and that airboat was trying to go at the same time but needed a good shove off the back so we passed him right up and he had to follow us out the cut since it's a little narrow he couldn't pass us he wasn't to happy it was one of the better parts of the weekend lol but the we didn't shoot a fish Sunday and ended with a whopping 12 pounds I guess it was one of the worst weekends they've ever had the average was only 43 lbs

43. Remove Advertisements
    Bow.FishingCountry.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

...advertisement